Welcome to the ASA Digital Library
The ASA Digital Library includes technical articles from journals and magazines published by the Acoustical Society of America since its founding in 1929. Papers are available from the highly cited Journal of the Acoustical Society of America and the other publications in ASA's collection including JASA Express Letters, Acoustics Research Letters Online, Noise Control, Sound--Its Uses and Control, and Standards on Acoustics. Abstracts of papers presented at meetings of the Society since 1929 are also included. Papers published in JASA Express Letters and Acoustics Research Letters Online as well as abstracts of meeting papers are open-access and may be read and downloaded without subscription.
Since 1929 ASA publications have chronicled the explosion of acoustics from its original conception as the science of audible sound and as a branch of classical physics to a broad multidisciplinary subject that draws the attention of life scientists, psychologists, physiologists, architects, neuroscientists, oceanographers, and speech communication specialists, as well as engineers and physicists.
The scope of ASA publications includes medical acoustics, ultrasonics, underwater communication and surveillance, environmental monitoring, acoustic imaging, the synthesis of speech, and many other areas that are of current and emerging societal interest.
New User: You can freely browse tables of contents and abstracts or search for articles of interest in the subdisciplines of acoustics.
Access by individuals to the ASA Digital Library is through membership in the Acoustical Society of America. Access by Institutions is by subscription. Join now and you will have unlimited access to the publications of your choice, and be able to:
- Download the full-text of articles in PDF format
- Browse html references and articles that have cited the article
- Click on citation links to view full-text or Inspec abstracts
- myArticles - save your favorite articles or collections and email them to colleagues
- myPublications - create your own listing of frequently accessed or subscribed titles
- Buy individual article PDFs with a credit card online
- Sign-up for personal email table of contents alerts
- Download article citations in formats such as EndNote, BibTex